Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One of the scariest days of my life....

Well, I don't think I have time before dinner arrives to tell the whole story, but for the past year and a half I've had a mass in my breast closer to my arm pit area.  Today was my Breast ultrasound to make sure it wasn't cancer and it quickly turned into a same day aspiration and biopsy.  For my first two appointments for this, the "C" word was thrown around A LOT.  For those of you who don't know, the word is Cancer. 

This REALLY hit home... HARD.

We just lost my husbands Grandmother on February 15th from cancer.  Jareds Uncle is currently in the hospital dying of cancer.  I've lost a family friend 2 years ago from cancer.  I lost an aunt by marriage to cancer almost 5 years ago.  My grandpa had breast cancer.  My grandma had Collen cancer.  A friend younger than myself just finished chemo for cancer.  It is SO scary. 

So far what we know of the aspirated fluid is that it was yellow, which means infection.  They say it looks as of now before testing that it is from a previous skin infection.  This is what we thought it was in the first place, so that's GREAT.  But it was still so scary.  When any doctor says the word Cancer, how do you not constantly go back and think of that word... think that's what it must be. 

I'm told that my primary doctor will hopefully get results for SOME of the test run on Friday.  The rest early next week.

For now, I have a hold in me from the 4 biopsy samples they took, which has been patched together with little bandaid like things, covered in gauze and then covered with the most gigantic squishy tape ever, and then on top of that a icepack attached to a cute pink bandaid thingy with flowers which I must say is super cute and a great invention. 

The numbing shots work great til they wear off and then it's like you feel all the needing that you missed feeling when they actually happened.  ugh....  Hopefully I feel good tomorrow cause I'm babysitting Mr. Cam Cameron!  :D  Can't wait for that. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the test results. Will include you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete