Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Super Cute Mini-Muffin Recipe I made for M.O.P.S.!

So, M.O.P.S. meeting today was great.  It's such a good feeling to know you are a good mom even when you don't know what to do ALL the time. 


My name is Katie.....
My house isn't always spotless
My laundry isn't always done
I usually have dishes in my sink
My kids seem to always get dirty no matter how much I clean them
My kids are noisy 
My kids don't listen majority of the time
My kids throw fits
My kids get bumps and bruises
My kids argue with eachother all day
I don't always have time to shower before dropping them off at school
...And I'm a good mom!

No one's perfect but I think I'm damn close!  lol

So We did a TON of stuff at M.O.P.S. today....

We prayed, we watched a video, we did discussion questions, we made playdough, we got a photography lesson, we got a pan cleaning lesson, we decorated cupcakes and got a lesson on that, and.. man I can't remember the other table we rotated too.  hmmmm...

Anyways, discussion was good, one of the questions was something along the lines of children's stages and what's hard about them....  I shared the fact that to me stages are hard because the boys are SO close in age (13 months).  Also the fact that Aiden was adopted, and his birth mother did drugs while pregnant.  So, it was easy for me to "blame" any bad behaviour on the fact that he had a rough start...  So I did that for about the past year up until this last month.  Now, Aiden is amazing and Nolyn is going through the rough stage... let me tell you.  It wasn't the drugs!  He was a totally normal 4-5 year old and man am I glad he's almost 6.  Every day this week has been a battle with Nolyn.  He fights me on EVERYTHING...  He wants to do NOTHING for himself.  ugh...  I really really dread the mornings and having to deal with his attitude because it usually ends in him crying, whining, yelling and laying on the floor refusing to move.  Good morning sunshine?  lol  But it's good to know that after talking to every one, this too shall pass, just like it did for Aiden.  I can only hope now that I've had "practice" I can better deal with him than I did with Aiden.  

Now, Onto the fun stuff....  It was our tables turn to bring some yummy breakfast foods to M.O.P.S. and here's what I brought....








Yes, I made this yummy little creations!

I actually first made the cute little dots for the top.  I picked 4 quotes about moms that I liked and in photoshop made a sheet with copies of them.  I then used my 2" circle cutter and cut out about 40 of them.  They were a hit for sure.  I'll post up a link for a Printable download as soon as I can so you can use them too if you'd like! 

And if you want the recipe for these awesome heavenly little mini doughnut muffins, here it is...  I'm not sure where I found this first.  I think it's been on a few blogs, The first time I saw it I saved the recipe in my email so I wouldn't lose it.  I'll have to look in my links and see if I still have the blog it was on.

Cinnamon & Sugar Doughnut Muffins

Ingredients
  • 1-3/4 cup Flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup Oil
  • 3/4 cup White Sugar
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 3/4 cup Milk
FOR THE TOPPING:
  • 1/4 cup Butter (4 Tablespoons)
  • 1/3 cup White Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • Combine, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and set aside.  Mix oil, sugar, egg and milk, then added dry ingredients, mix just until blended.
  • For regular size muffins: spray muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray and fill each cup 1/2 full.  Bake for 15-20 min. Yields 8-12 muffins
  • For mini muffins (this is what I made) – spray mini muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray and fill each cup 1/2 full. Bake for 10-12 min. Yields 18 mini muffins.
  • While muffins are baking melt butter in one bowl.  Mix1/3 cup White Sugar and 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon in another bowl.
  • Remove muffins from oven, let cool for just a minute or two, remove from pan and place them on a platter.  Dip each muffin in the melted butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar.
  • Let cool or serve warm.
I ended up multiplying this recipe by 3 because I needed more than what it said it would make.  I must say I ended up with over 60 muffins!  lol

This is the FIRST RECIPE EVER that I actually had ALL the ingredients for sitting in my pantry and the only thing I went out and bought was a mini muffin pan.  The last meeting there was a lot of sweets and I figured a whole muffin would be just too much.  The mini muffins turned out perfect an there was only 12 left at the end of the meeting out of the 40 I made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment