Friday, February 25, 2011

It's official, like a referee with a whistle....

I'm OFFICIALLY Married!  Ok, well, I've BEEN officially married obviously since our wedding date... but yesterday I finally got our marriage certificate (I was so cheap i didn't want to pay for one, lol!), and today I went and changed my name on my license ANNNNNND at the social security office.  I had planned to only change my license because I wanted to wait to change social security until after we got our taxes filed and back cause I didn't want to have them sent back... we always have some kind of tax drama.  But anyway, After waiting like an hour at the DMV with my great friend Mendy, the lady says "have you changed your name on your social?" ummm... no...  "ok, well you have to change it by Monday cause this goes through in 3 days and if it doesn't match your name on your social it won't work."

everyone say it with me...

Uuuuuuuuuuuugh.  So, I headed to the next dreaded government office....

I was surprised to find barely ANYONE there and I was only 2 numbers away right when I walked in... SCORE!  All that went well, I only sat for maybe 15 minutes.  Although while I sat I listened to a guy behind me talk about how he just got out of jail for a felony... and it was a violent crime.  What was he there to do???  Get money!  Try and get on Medi-Cal, and the girl with him was telling him how she called and he can still get on section 8 housing even WITH a felony.  Nice, right?  I'm so glad our tax dollars are going to people like this!  Seriously.  I know people who are struggling and can't even GET assistance cause the state claims they still make to much.  But apparently if you go to Jail, when you get out they'll hand you the damn world.  Grrr.. Frustrating.  I've NEVER gotten any kind of assistance.  Even as foster parents, every foster baby automatically qualifies for WIC for the formula.  Yeah, I did it once and never again.  It was such a pain in the butt.  And I honestly hated going and being treated like a crack head who didn't know how to take care of a baby.  Come on, I'm a foster mom... So I stopped.  I'd rather pay for their formula. 

Anyways, Then I headed to the school to pick up Aiden and his friend cause Nolyn was staying with the friends sister at their house while I went to social security.  I stopped by the school office to get a physical form because Nolyn has a preschool physical on Monday the 28th, and the preschool said it should count as the Kindergarten/1st grade physical.  And they said no, he has to get it on March 1st!!!!  Really?  What the heck.  ONE DAY DIFFERENCE!  It takes 2 months to get a physical appointment at every doctor around here and they want me to do it twice for ONE day!  They're crazy.  So I'm gonna copy Aiden's form and have the doctor do it and hopefully just get him to date it for the 1st. 

That was my day!  lol  We hung out with the Kids friends and their Mom that I'm friends with after school over at their house.  Good times!  The kids got busted in the mud pit.  Fail!  lol  Not the greatest idea they've had at a friends house.  Don't get me wrong we struggle with mud it seems like DAILY lately and I've learned to get over it.  But when they have to ride home in my car.... not so great.  Luckily they ran around like maniacs for an hour or so after they went in and the mud wasn't so bad anymore so we survived and made it the like 30 seconds home.  lol  At least we live close.

It's freezing and we're expecting a big "storm."  Those of you who know San Diego, know that a "storm" entails a little wind and a good amount of rain and some snow in the mountains.  But of course watching the news you'd think the world is ending or something!

I'm really looking forward to church this weekend.  Last weekend was REALLY hard.  I mean REALLY hard.


As it is, when we sing in the beginning it's hard for me not to cry.  It's like I can just feel all the positive energy in the room and it just makes me tear up.  A good tear.  Like I can just feel this amazing feeling.  But then in the middle of singing, the pasture tells us about his wife leaving for texas for radiation.  Wow.  Rough hit when we just lost Jareds grandma to cancer on Tuesday (2/15/11), and jareds uncle on the other side of his family is dying of cancer.  It was so hard to hold back and not burst into tears.  Jareds grandma was with us and she was crying.  Hard.  So hard.  This week I'm hoping to be more focused.  I was so exhausted and sleep deprived for church last week it was rough focusing.  This week I can't wait! 


My amazing husband has been stuck at work 2 extra hours today.  As it is, he gets off at 6pm.  Now it's almost 8 and he just left.  I have a fire going and I'm so ready to be snuggling with *him* in our bed.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I was so shocked at hw efficient SS had becomes when I went to change Stinkpot's name after the adoption. Wow! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete