Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to School - Back to a routine!

I'm so excited for school to start this Wednesday!  So are the boys, even though we see many of their closest friends at play dates, they miss their other friends also.  Can't wait to find our who their teachers are tomorrow.

This year they're going back to school with a brand new brother at home.  This means more morning chaos for Momma.  So, to try and help our days run a little smoother I made them a checklist for their routine's at home during the week.  I made 3 sections, Wake up, After School & Night Time.  I made one for each kid & put them each in their own frame so that they can each check off their own activities as they go through the morning.  Many of these things I used to do myself for them but at 6 & 7 years old, I think it's time they start doing more on their own and learning to be responsible for their own things (like packing snack for the day).

This is what I came up with....






Not sure if I'm going to keep these in this spot, and I'd like to get different frames for them but they work for now!  Putting them in the frames makes us able to use dry-erase markers to check each item off and wipe them clean to start each day.

Back to school, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment