Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lucky Treats!

So, of course every time a holiday or gathering comes around it's a great excuse for me to do some creative cooking/baking.... and St. Patrick's day isn't any different. 

I'd been contemplating what to make for days.  I had a VERY busy week and really didn't have time to be doing anything.  Also, since Nolyn started Preschool, that's 24 MORE kids I have to make treats for on top of the 18 in Aiden's class I already had... and I absolutely can't leave either child's class out cause they would be super disappointed. 

I REALLY wanted to make Cake Pops for their class but I thought I'd go a little simpler since I really didn't have a ton of time.  I was literally browsing blogs for WEEKS!







I had seen similar recipes on a few blogs... well, at least the pictures I didn't pay much attention to the recipe.   I'm ALL for customizing your home made treats....

Use your favorite brownie recipe for the bottom later.  If your favorite is a box of brownie mix from walmart or vons..... USE IT!  I don't expect anyone to become Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart overnight.  Some people are just NOT good at recipes.  I swear, some recipes I've tried and followed EVERY step, word for word of it and it STILL doesn't turn out right.  It is very frustrating so I say just do what you know works and what you know you like.....

So, you've got your favorite box of brownies, now grab your favorite thick frosting.  Add a few drops of green food coloring (or other holiday associated color) and a TINY bit of Mint extract.  I can't stress TINY enough.  I barely put any in mine and they were SUPER minty.  So make sure you just add a tiny bit, like one teaspoon-ish.... or a "dash" lol.  You can always do a taste test and add more if you think it needs it.

So, now you've got all but the last part.  CHOCOLATE!!!!

Grab AT LEAST two bags of the chocolate chips of your choice.  I always get a semi-sweet, milk chocolate based chocolate chip.  I say get AT LEAST two bags why???  Because if you're anything like me, you'll burn the chocolate and be glad that you got a back up and didn't have to run to the store.  I can't tell you how many times I've needed TWO bags and burnt one.  ugh.  Not fun.  And my recommendation is warm in the micro at 30 second intervals and stir them EVERY time in between.  I always get antsy and jump the gun and just throw those suckers in for 1 minute right off and BAM... throws the rest of them off.  ugh.  horrible.  As soon at the chocolate's nice and creamy just poor it over.  I kept mine in the fridge overnight but I'd probably suggest you don't do anything fridge 'til they're CUT.  cause they're HARD to cut once they're cold and they turn our a little ugly like mine! ;) lol 

So yeah, that's the low down.  Enjoy these Minty treats! :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh my these look so yummy! I love anything chocolate. They are pretty too.
    I have some cupcakes on my post that you may like.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm! I want one of these too! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete