Saturday, March 26, 2011

If anyone's been looking for me...

don't worry, I've just been in ceiling scraping H E L L!

I must say, our house is 2500 square feet.  We are completely blessed to have a house this size, on 3 acres, and lucky in this economy to have a Mortgage that's only $1000 in San Diego.  BUT, it was an OLD house.  Almost as only as I am... well, 1-2 years younger cause my parents built it when I was a baby.  When we moved into this house we were left with everything exactly the way it was when it was build....  popcorn ceilings, blue/gray walls, PINK walls (yes, PINK walls), PINK tile, grey marble, grey with brown dirt stained carpet, barely working and broken appliances, leaks, ugh... the list goes on.  When I wasn't working it wasn't bad.  For one I was BARELY home.  I was working from like 6:30am-5:30pm.  it was crazy.. I was home long enough to make dinner, do laundry and sleep.  And I was making a ton of cash so I knew once our wedding was paid off I'd be putting all the money into the house.  Well, of course my boss had a meltdown and demolished the office with me in it, putting my safety in danger and his crazyness had already killed my mental health.  I was over it.  So, he fired me and I pretty much never looked back besides going to take pictures for evidence.

So, what's a unemployed girl to do besides get a measly $1000/month from the the state and depend on her husband?  I decided to jump on the home child care train!  Choo Choo!!!!

So, sounds easy right?  Yeah, until you go to orientation and they tell you no dirty carpet, must be cleaned monthly, home in good repair.  HA!  Yeah, no problem.  NOT!  When you make enough to get by, you do just that, get by.. and your happy that you get enough to get by. 

So, then there's hope (a.k.a. Tax return!)....

So, we had already planned to use our tax return on new laminate flooring in the living room, hallway, entryway.  And we were going to do the bedrooms also, but we can do those ourself.  Our living room is 1000 square feet.  Yes, that's right, bigger than most one bedroom apartments.  I love our big living room... until it comes to home updating.  Scraping the ceiling in the kids bedroom (168 sq. ft.) took me a measly 2 hours.  But this living room... ugh...  4 different days I spend hours and section by section..  oh my gosh. 

Then Thursday I got the call from my child care analyst.  The 20 inspections in front of me, basically mean nothing to her and she was to get it done soon.  AHHHH!  Insert panic here.

Then Friday, I check our bank account and BAM, our tax return went in.  AHHHHHHH!

That means its floor time.. BUT, before we can install the floor I had to finish scraping ceilings, respray them, paint them, and paint the walls, at least anywhere they NEED painting.  We painted when we moved in 2 years ago and we're keeping the colors the same, so that part of the living room won't be bad. 

So, to say the least, I told my dad to get ready to spray!  I told him I'd scrap but he had to spray!  He kept telling me we'd notice mistakes more in the living room since it's so big, and I didn't want it to be my fault... must always have someone else to blame!  lol

So, yesterday with one big section left, I got my scrape on and got it done....

Here's some pictures throughout the process...

This area up to in between the two fans was about what was left for me to do last night...

I HATE how dirty popcorn ceilings look!

from the entry way...


Yes, this is how I suit up when I scrape!  lol

DONE!!!

Pardon the mess, stuff is always EVERYWHERE cause I have to move everything around.

I had to move everything from the mantle and fire place to the pool table...

And as I type my dad just came in... back from home depot with the ceiling stuff!  I only had enough to spray the one room we did before and he didn't like the stuff I bought last time so he got his own stuff..  Love that guy!  I guess I better go patch the messed up spots and get things ready to spray today!  I'm sure I'll be painting it ALLLLLLLLL day tomorrow!  It's so hard to paint ceilings as it is, but 1000 sq. ft. of ceilings... uuuuuuuuugh.  Not looking forward to it but so glad it will be done soon.

1 comment:

  1. My arms hurt looking at the photos. I hope those weren't asbestos popcorn.

    ReplyDelete