Saturday, April 28, 2012

So, after weeks and weeks of my husband saying he absolutely did NOT want a 4D ultrasound, he asked if I wanted to do one on Tuesday!  Of course I excitedly said YES!!!!!!!!!  He previously didn't want to "ruin" the "surprise" of what the baby looks like.  But he gave in and the look on his face was priceless as he was looking at his first son actually created by him...  I wish I could have taken HIS picture while we were there.  lol  I love him! 

But, onto the fun, here's some of my favorites out of the 30 or so pictures we got. 

Here's a face shot, his hands are to the side and his feetie's are to the right, he frequently had his hands and feet up in his face.

His little feeties crossed

 A foot in his face

 yawning!  This one shows a little better just how chubby those little cheeks are!  I LOVE it!

 His hand on his face and smiling!  :D

Another face shot!

I absolutely can not wait for him to be here!  Before I was really enjoying just being pregnant and not really in a "rush" to get him here.  Now that it's so close and he's so big, making me SO uncomfortable, I'm ready for him to be here.

I'm 33 weeks today.  At this ultrasound I was 32.5 weeks and the tech estimated him at 5lbs 9oz, she said usually it's 8oz off so more like 5lbs.  That goes right along with the estimate from our doctor at our last two appointments as he and my belly were measuring 5 weeks AHEAD.  Even though some how I'm 1lb LESS than what I was before I got pregnant.  And yes I eat, quite a bit!  lol  I just crave salads a LOT, and fruit.  We used to eat fast food quite a bit and I don't crave that at all.  I'll crave a good burger here and there, but from a restaurant not a drive thru.  And I crave a good steak pretty much daily!  lol

Ultrasound tech said he's pretty much out of room and very squished, she doesn't think he'll go all the way to when I'm Due because of that fact.  With my Nolyn it was kinda the same.  He ran out of room at 39 weeks, my water broke and he came out 9lbs 6oz.  This baby's much bigger earlier, and the hubby and I as well as the doctor are hoping for him to come at 37-38 weeks.  Due to the fact that this baby is so much bigger, the doctor thinks I may have a problem delivering a child that would be 10-11lbs at due date.  Not that I couldn't do it, but the baby can get hurt on the way out, and I could suffer quite a bit of damage.  With Nolyn there was quite a bit of damage and I lost quite a bit of blood, so damage worse than that I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

So, that said, we will be doing everything possible to get that baby to come the day I hit 37 weeks.  at 37-38 weeks we're looking at closer to a 8-9lb baby, and The doctor and I are both confident that I can deliver that vaginally without problems.  But, 39-42 weeks would probably be a c-section.  The doctor's leaving it up to me at this point if we get to 39 weeks.  

On the up side we're both completely healthy, which is good because we're healthy, bad because I absolutely can not be induced before 39 weeks without a health reason.  lol  

At least we'll stay busy the next few weeks.  I'm working on the playroom and getting the house ready for the baby shower, baby shower's in 3 weeks and we'll be trying to get Mr. Chubby Cheeks out in 4 weeks.  Almost done! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment