Wednesday, April 18, 2012

To: Big Brother & Bigger Brother, From: Littlest Brother

So, I know some people do older sibling gifts when they have a baby. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea.  But, what to get them?  My kids are totally obsessed with their baby pictures.  Aiden has a baby book from his adoption (the first 3 months before we had him) that his previous foster mom gave us, it's nothing fancy, just a binder with pictures and notes in page protectors, totally basic, and he LOVES it!  He's obsessed!  I had to put it up because it was all in chronological order and he started taking pages out and it was frustrating so before he ruined it (since I don't have copies) I put it away, out of his reach. 

For Christmas there was a special on Photo Books, it was buy one get one free.  So, I decided to make the boys each a book of each of their pictures from their soccer season.  The were so excited.  I think they were more excited about those than their new iPod Touches!  crazy!

So, I thought, hmm.... I should make one for the boys of their birth/1st year of life!  What an awesome present from their brother, especially when they visit him at the hospital for the first time and they can see all the pictures of what they looked like when they were that little.

So, Shutterfly.com was doing a 50% off special for mothers day and I jumped on it.  The second I started I was like uuuuuuuugh, my photos were so unorganized.  Dates were all pretty close though so I tried to keep it mostly to "months" instead of exact dates.  Wow, we had a lot of pictures. 

Nolyn's book ended up with so many extra added pictures that even after 50% off with a ridiculous like $9.00 shipping charge, the total was like $40!  Nuts!  Way more than I spent at christmas.  But I used their scrapbook layout stuff and that I think was an extra $5.  But I love it!  I can't wait for it to come and then it's going to be SO HARD not to give it to them!

I still have to do Aiden's but I need to scan the pictures out of his book from his previous foster mom so he can have some newborn pictures too. 

I also saw such a cute template for a pregnancy Journal type of Photobook and I think I should probably start working on it before I forget everything!  lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment