Monday, April 11, 2011

Are we done yet???

I swear, the world of home remodeling & fixing up is NEVER ending!  I can't WAIT for 5 more years when our house is paid off and we have more money to fix more of the big things that need to be done.  'Til then of course, little by little, we're getting there.

So, after a week of madness.....  demo, painting, ceiling scraping... and worstly, LIVING on plywood floors with a house covered in dust from removing the tile glue and crap... ugh...  FINALLY on thursday our flooring was started and all put in (well, now ALL put in, but all the rooms they were hired to do) by Friday night!  :D 

Since my child care inspection will be here way too soon, there's no way we had time to lay 1400 sq. ft. of flooring in the main living areas (living room, hallway & entryway - 1168 sq. ft, bathroom - 65 sq. ft, kitchen - 122 sq. ft.) so we paid for that to be done.  Plus those are areas our guests really see and have a TON of angles not to mention the rock fire place to go around.. gosh.. they spent almost ALL of friday just on our little kitchen alone because the angles were so hard.  So, we wanted those areas to be done right and look the best.   Money well spent.

So now we have the flooring for the two bedrooms, one being the kids sleeping room, the other will be set up with more baby toys for the younger child care children. 

Anyway, I haven't uploaded all my pictures from my nice camera, BUT I do have a sneak peek cell phone pic I can share 'til I do...


Can't even tell you how much I LOVE it!  My parents had installed the carpet when I was in 5th grade.  that carpet was going on 17 years old.  And I can't tell you how many dogs my family used to have.  Actually right after the carpet was installer, our family dog had puppies... yeah... 6 puppies NOT potty trained.  Ugh.. and when we took over the house 2 years ago, my childhood dog was still around but on her last leg.  In her prime of course she would never pee in the house, but when she was practically blind and barely walking, pretty much all she did was pee and poop in the house.  So the carpet was hammered, to say the least.  Not to mention the fact that we live on 3 acres of DIRT!  Let me tell you when we ripped that carpet up, there was literally PILES of dirt!  PILES!!!!!!  Like little mountains.  It was gross.  I will NEVER get carpet again.  NEVER.  with dirt, kids and dogs, carpet just does not work.  I don't care if I have to sweep and mop everyday the rest of my life...  
So, I need to get back to cleaning the layers of dust off everything and getting my construction zone back to home condition, so I can move onto the next project..... :D  Can't wait to share pics of all we've done though!

1 comment: